One Heck of a Foundation!

Soap & Glory is a brand that you probably unwrap each Christmas in the form of an over-sized make-up bag. But, despite selling great body products their make-up range is equally as great. One of their latest releases is the 'One Heck of a Blot Foundaton.' It is a foundation marketed towards people with oily skin and is a liquid to powder formula. If you are after a foundation that lasts all day and that isn't totally matte. Keep reading.

One Heck of a Blot Foundation in 'Fair Enough' + Beauty Blender 
What I love about this foundation is the medium-high buildable coverage. My skin has been a nightmare at the moment, spot-prone but at the same time quite dry in places. My pores also seem to be bigger than usual (I'm having a Regina George moment)! This foundation is admittedly quite thick. But, I like that. It's not for the faint hearted and it covers a multitude of sins. I wear the shade 'Fair Enough' which is perfect for me. But, I'm not that fair in comparison and this is the lightest shade they do. So, if you wear below an NW15 in MAC, the colour range may not be suited to you. Otherwise, the foundation comes in 4 variable shades.

When a foundation says it's long wearing I am always a bit dubious. However, this foundation really does last all day. I was off to London for a full day and had an event to go to in the evening, I applied this foundation at 7am and it lasted pretty much until 10pm. I had to touch up with concealer but other than that my base looked great. I also love the finish this foundation gives. Even though it's marketed towards oilier skins, it doesn't have a solidly matte finish. It's more semi-matte. Meaning that it knocks out any shine but still leaves a dewy finish (especially on the cheeks). I choose to apply this foundation with a beauty blender. I spritz the beauty blender first with a misting spray such as the Lush 'Breath of Fresh Air' Toner Spray to ensure the foundation blends seamlessly into my skin and simultaneously leaves an even dewier finish.



What I don't love about this foundation is very limited. The only issue I have had is that if I do not apply a thicker moisturiser underneath it can look dry in places. However, this issue would be down to your skin type. Like I said, at the moment I am slightly dry therefore I need to add extra moisture to my skin through my skincare. I like to use the 'Million Dollar Moisturiser' by Lush to hydrate my skin beforehand and to add buckets of glow.

To summarise, I would highly recommend this foundation. It's a great one for normal-oily skin types. It's coverage is amazing and it lasts all day. It's a winner in my books!  Top Tip: If you find that this formula works well for you, Soap & Glory do a 'One Heck of a Blot Powder' that would work great as an extra layer for those of you who struggle with oiliness.

Are any of your staples from Soap & Glory? I would love your recommendations.


Available at www.boots.com £12

No comments:

Post a Comment