Liner Loving

Eyeliner is a touchy subject. Like most, I go through phases of loving it and wearing it everyday. But, then sometimes life gets in the way and who has the time!? However, I've managed to bag an eyeliner that pips all the high-end liners to the post for an astounding price of £1.99. Here it is folks.



Credit has to be given to a gorgeous Youtuber and MUA named 'ameliarosetaylor' who swears by the Natural Collection Black Liquid Eyeliner and if you even take a quick glance over at her make-up tutorials, you will understand why  I trust her judgement. I did have initial doubt and thought how can an eyeliner that costs £1.99 be opaque black and easy to use. But, as soon as I used this on my eyes I was whole-heartedly sold.


What I love about this liner is that it does what it says on the tin (and rather well I may add). Previous problems that I have always had with eyeliners include - the colour pay off is a bit wishy-washy, they never seem to come out opaque black, they dry up quickly and I can never find the perfect nib or method of application. But, this liner does it all. It's so simple but so effective. The consistency of the eye-liner itself is quite thin so it is easy to apply and isn't scratchy. The colour pay-off is great! It applies opaque black and shiny but dries to a matte finish, which looks super sleek.  The best thing about this liner and why I love it so much is it's nib. As you can see from the picture above it is like a teeny tiny paintbrush which means it naturally follows the curvature of your eye. So, rather than having to carve out a perfectly mapped cat-eye flick, the brush does all the work for you. Plus, because of how thin it is you can create the sharpest of lines! You know what they say, your wings should be so sharp that they could kill a man.

What I don't love about this eyeliner is that it doesn't come in a multitude of colours. I would adore this liner in burgundy, navy blue or even a khaki green. I know it's a lot to ask for £1.99, but you know...a girl can dream.

Do you have any beauty staples that are under £5? 

♥ 

Available from www.boots.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment