GOSH SS16


Last week I was invited to the SS16 launch of Gosh cosmetics. It was held at the Metropolitan Hotel on Old Park Lane and was frankly, lovely. I was greeted with champagne on arrival and I enjoyed some scrummy canapés whilst perusing the latest in their beauty range. I even had the pleasure of getting my make-up done by the Gosh global make-up artist Sidsel Marie, using my favourite product from the range, the matte eyeshadow sticks. 

Gosh have released quite a few new products (as pictured above) and they all immediately caught my eye, for the right reasons. Each product from the range has an individual quirk that gets a beauty fanatic like me rather excited (in a perfectly non-weird way). 

What I loved about this new collection is that the eye products are completely matte. There is also a keen focus on natural ingredients (their new lip oils) and the liquid highlighter gives bucket full of radiance. Take a look at some of my top picks.

Meet the eyeshadow palette of dreams... (Cool in Copenhagan, £10.99)

Champers in hand...
Matte eyeshadows are a rare occurrence in drugstores and with cheaper brands in general. Not only has Gosh entered into unknown territory but have done it extremely well. The shadows, despite being matte, are soft, buttery and blend like a dream. The colours are also highly wearable for any skin tone and for any occasion. FYI you can create the smokiest of smoky eyes with this! 

An added bonus is that there is no useless spongey applicator in the palette so you get more shadow for your buck. The palette is also very flat, which is great for travelling. No fuss, no frills just quality product.


Talking of smoky eyes, these matte eyeshadow sticks are utterly fab. The pigmentation is great and like the eyeshadows, the texture is buttery and easy to blend (but once it's on, it stays put). There are four shades in the range, a grey, two browns and a black. My favourites are the two brown shades. Sidsel advised me that because I have dark brown eyes, even darker brown looks great. If you're going to go dark, do it properly. These sticks retail at £6.29, which like all of the collection is a fair and affordable price for the quality of the product. 


Enough of eyes, lets talk skin. These Lumi Drops are an all-rounder that can be used in various ways. In the Summer it would work well mixed in with your foundation to create a luminous glow all over. So far I have used them as a cheek highlight before powder and as an inner corner highlight. To create an editorial, glossy look Sidsel used it over the top of the matte eyeshadow sticks. Front cover of Elle here I come? Not just yet. The Lumi Drops also come in a lighter and darker shade to fit with all skin tones.

Other products that you should keep your eyes peeled for from the collection are...
  • The Illuminating Skin Perfecter 
  • Lip Oils
  • Matte Lipsticks 
  • Nourishing Mascara 
Check my Twitter to keep up to date when the collection is released. Available soon in Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment