NARS Sheer Glow: A Glowing Review?


This review has been a long time coming. I've been using the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation for a while now, ever since I started my job in London and had access to a Space NK. This product has been on my wish list for years but due to living in a city that didn't stock Nars anywhere I patiently waited...

I wanted to get my hands on this product for so long because it promised a dewy finish but with a decent amount of coverage - the dream! I can now report back.




Long story short. It delivers exactly that. It has a beautifully lightweight consistency that glides on to the skin and requires a pea-sized amount of product. My shade is 'Deauville' meaning that I am a tad pale but it comes in 20 different shades to suit every skin tone. I use the Real Techniques Contour Brush to apply this foundation. I feel like because it applies so seamlessly it does not require a large buffing brush therefore I like to apply it with this smaller one to achieve more precision and to be able to get in and around those tricky areas (under the eyes/around the nose).

This foundation is definitely not sheer, despite it's name. But, it does leave the skin looking beautifully dewy with a luminous glow. If you have combination to oily skin like me it does require a setting powder as the shine can be too much as it wears throughout the day.


The only downside to this foundation, which is widely publicised is that it hasn't got a pump. Because of this you end up with a product that looks like the above (how dare it ruin my flat lay)! To combat this issue, Nars do sell seperate pumps that you can attach to it. However, when you are forking out £31 for a foundation, you do not want any extra cost thrown on top.

Despite this issue, the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation is a staple in my make-up bag. I have mildly succumb to the fact that I will never come across the perfect foundation so for the mean time, this will have to do. A glowing review? I think so.

What other Nars products have you tried and loved? 


No comments:

Post a Comment