Spring Skincare Edit




It is officially spring! The sun is shining (kind of), the flowers are blooming and skincare is at its best. Spring skincare for me is all about adding in that desired 'glow' that has been sucked out of me by the Winter months. It is all well and good adding artificial glow through make-up whether that be through foundation or a luminous powder but it is always better (in my opinion) to start with skincare and work up from there. Here are my three spring skincare staples that give immediate affects and never leave my morning routine.



I would go as far as saying that the Pixi 'Glow Tonic' has been the best skincare find of the past year for me. Since the day I purchased it (from M&S for £18) I have used it twice a day, everyday. But what exactly is it you may ask? Well, the simplified version would be an exfoliating toner with no beads/grit. Rather than using solid particles to exfoliate and remove dead skin, the glow tonic does the same thing but with safe acids. Glycolic is known to be one of the best for performing this function and is great for people who suffer with acne. It also has Aloe Vera and Ginseng in it to sooth and resurface the skin.

How to use it - Post cleanse, soak a cotton wool pad with the Glow Tonic and rub it all over your face and down your neck. This will leave your skin looking red but trust me, that is not a bad thing. It is simply getting rid of dead skin cells and resurfacing your skin meaning that it is a perfect product to ensure that your make-up applies beautifully.

Why buy? This product alone has significantly improved the texture of my skin. It has reduced my spots and made sure I have no dry patches. Putting make-up on top of this product is a dream. It applies so smoothly and like the name suggests it adds glow and a luminosity to your skin that is perfect for spring.



Say hello to radiance in a bottle (and for £6.99 too)! I was getting a bit fed up with my serum and moisturiser combo that I was using previously as it wasn't giving me that desired 'oomph' that I long for. But, whilst having a long and outdated peruse in Boots at their budget skincare section I spotted this beauty. The Botanics 'Radiance Concentrate Serum' is a concentrated serum that is designed to brighten the skin and to also sink in to the skin quickly and it certainly does both of those things. You need just 2/3 drops of this stuff to cover your whole face sufficiently.

Why Buy? This is an added extra that makes a big difference. Use after Glow Tonic and before your moisturiser to add another layer of hydration. It acts as a kind of sealing agent to make sure your moisturiser acts in the best way possible and it also has a great dose of glow, which is what I am all about for springtime.


Glossy mags are a great way of trying and testing new products and that is exactly how I managed to discover the Balance Me 'Radiance Face Mask'. I think you may be sick of hearing the word 'radiance' by now but that pretty much sums up spring skincare for me. This mask was a freebie in this months Glamour mag and it caught my eye because of the great reputation that Balance Me uphold. Previously, I have never tried anything from the brand but after trying this mask that will most definitely change.

Why Buy? I have really gotten into face masks recently. But, they are definitely a hit and miss product that are more often than not based on gimmicks. However, this mask ticks all the boxes. You smother a generous layer over the skin and leave for 5/10 minutes (if you're me, 5/10 hours) and you are left with smooth and glowing skin. It is a mask that works immediately. When I wake up the next morning my skin is noticeably less red and has much more glow than the previous evening. The full size is £18 and is available at www.feelunique.com.

There you have it, my spring skincare edit that will see me through until summer. If you want glowing skin, you know what to do girl.

What are your skincare staples?

No comments:

Post a Comment