Acne: Skincare Saviour


Acne and acne scaring has been a constant struggle for me since my early teens. Nowadays the pussy pimples are no more but the scars that they have left are definitely prevalent. The condition of my skin has never worried me enough to do something serious about it, however in the Summer this might change (stay tuned) but I am on a constant hunt for products that are going to reduce the appearance of my acne scars and overall improve the condition of my skin.

One day I simply had enough. My skin was irritating me so much I decided to do some 'proper' research and I came across Dr. Sam Bunting. A professional dermatologist and a trusted skincare expert by many beauty and skincare bloggers I thought I would stand up and pay attention. She highly recommend the La Roche-Posay 'Effaclar Duo [+]' as an anti-blemish cream and it is needless to say I went out and purchased it from my local Boots the next day.



But, what is it? It is an anti-blemish cream that unclogs pores, reduces the appearance of scars and improves the skins texture. You can use it morning and evening after cleansing and it can be used with or without a moisturiser. I personally like to use a generous amount all over my face and follow it up with a hydrating moisturiser (make-up applies beautifully on top of it).

Why buy? I saw immediate results with this product. I applied it before going to bed and when I woke up my redness and the appearance of scars on my cheeks had reduce significantly. I cannot think of another product that has had the same efficiency and it has become my skincare saviour. It contains a generous amount of salicylic acid, which is widely known to help blemish prone skin as well as being designed in partnership with dermatologists - that is always a good sign! 

As I said I saw immediate results. But, this product carries on working wonders. After a week or so the cluster of scars on my right cheek were significantly smoothed out and the texture had improved. I have now been using this product for around 6 weeks and my pores appear smaller, my scars have improved and I am getting less spots.

This product is available from Boots for £15.50. (+ La Roche Posay is often on 3 for 2)

What are your skincare saviours? 

2 comments:

  1. You guys make it really easy for all the folks out there. remove acne scars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totaloe Calming and Hydrating gel every other day, after cleansing. I noticed my skin would be a little pink after first starting these products, dermaplaning nyc

    ReplyDelete