High end Make-up Haul

As an on going make-up fiend, once again I have been shopping.



Over the past couple of weeks or so I have been in full force shopping mode. I found myself in Heathrow airport duty free counter being fully enticed by the discounted high end make-up that I simply couldnt refuse.

First purchase - Benefit the Porefessional 

Known for it's silky texture and matte finish, the Porefessional by sure does not disappoint. Years of denial has left me without a make-up primer in my collection, and to be honest haven't been to hard done by because of it. However, this truly wonderful product has made me have a serious re-think. In order for your make-up to last longer it makes perfect sense to coat your skin with a protective layer, making sure your pores are untouched, therefore leaving your skin with a smooth canvas to apply foundation

How I apply:

I purposefully choose to apply this product with my fingers, allowing the warmth of my skin to mold the product and seamlessly match it to my skin.

I would definitely recommend this product for you folks that suffer with oily skin like me, allowing it to aid the mattifying process. Nevertheless, I'm sure this product is a god send to all skin types and really does 'benefit' you're make-up routine at a reasonable price of £24.50!

Make-up lust: Estee Lauder Pure Colour Blush in 'Peach Passion' 


I'll let the pictures do the talking...



Hubba Hubba. This beauty has been on my wish list for a number of months now. But at the hefty price tag of £27, it is indeed an investment. It's luxurious gold packaging that weighs a tonne alongside its perfectly pigmented blush is well worth the price.

Peach Passion is a colour for everybody. It produces a soft colour on the cheek that mimics the natural blush tone and can be paired with any eye shadow or lip combo that you're wanting to experiment with.

Ditch the brush! Use your regular blusher brush to create a perfect flush.

The Perfect Base: Clinique Stay Matte Oil Free Make Up 


As I definitely wasn't graced with perfect skin, I am always on the hunt for a perfect base to create that flawless but dewy look and finish. I think I may have found it...



I ventured into my local Debenhams and was greeted by a super friendly sales assistant. She colour matched me instantly as I knew already what product I was after. Thankfully, I got the perfect match of 'ivory'. Because once again after parting with £22.50, it had to be a worth while investment.

What I can compare this to is no other. It's medium coverage glides on to the skin and buffs in with minimal effort. Also, it may be the lightest foundation ever! Literally feeling like a second skin has been buffed on to my face. (Using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush of course)

Can I mention how lovely this packaging is? As a sucker for packaging like many girls of my age are, it is nice to see something that merges the super cute with the super chic.

Lip Smackers! - MAC 'Cosmo' - Amplified 


There is a common denominator in my lipstick stash that I can no longer ignore, MAC! Whatever colour i feel I need, for any occasion, MAC is always my best friend. Their sublime colour range and variety of finishes as well as their outstanding quality leaves them number one in my lipstick rankings!



Swatched on the right, the pigmentation of this product is second to none. I'd call this one, a my lips but better and a little bit darker (lol!) An everyday shade that is easily wearible - looks great with a tan!

Once again we come to the price, £15.50. I'm not trying to justify myself but I feel that this is a fair price for a product with such great quality and lasting power. Just whack it on and give us' a kiss.


Spare me the 'juicy details' - Benefit Hydra-Smooth Lip Colour in 'Juicy Details'


A package arrived at my door step on my birthday and low and behold had this beauty staring at me right in the face...




Now, I have only ever tried one benefit lip product before and it is my ultimate go to shade. So when this arrived safely at my door I was way over excited. Firstly thinking it was a tube of Haribo sweets, later to be surprised that it was a gorgeous sheer lip tint hidden away in gorgeous packaging.

At a similar price to MAC of £15, benefit has invented a new formula that moisturises your lips and leaves a sheer lip stain, pretty much lasting all day. I know it doesn't sound too life changing, but trust me when you open this little baby up, you won't be disappointed!

What high end make-up is on your wish list?

Thanks for reading littl'uns x

No comments:

Post a Comment