Shades of Purple

It's Winter, and what do I love about Winter? Winter Make-up! Being able to get away with dark smokey eyes and a matching lip during the day without feeling guilty or too 'made up' is a recipe for liberation.

I have been swooning over dark purple and plummy shades at the moment as they really compliment paler skin tones (perfectly suited to my current tanless state) as well as being a more than suitable pairing for my brown eyes.

Here are a few purple toned products that I have been loving: 

L'Oreal Colour Rich Ombre Eyeshadow - Quartz Fume
























After hearing wonderful things about the L'Oreal colour rich eyeshadows I couldn't help picking one up in my local Boots. As much as I hate to admit it, I am a truly high end make-up lover. The luxurious packaging, the undeniable quality of the product and the whole beauty experience is like no other. However, I am slowly delving more into the world of the drugstore, due to the array of products that seem to have really high quality, which also matches the price tag. At £5.49 this eyeshadow is an absolute beauty steal, with a buttery texture and high pigmentation it is perfect for either all over the lid smoked out for a smokey eye - as well as being used as a crease contour which adds a subtle pop of colour and dimension. 


Maybelline 'Leather Effect' Colour Tattoo - 'Vintage Plum' 

























A constant reoccurrer on my blog are the Maybelline 'Colour Tattoos.'  This one is a new'n and it certainly doesn't disappoint. Initially, seeing the 'leather effect' label kind of put me off as these different sort of 'effects' seem to be (at best) a marketing gimmick. However, putting this aside it is simply a matte cream eyeshadow that really packs a punch. Once again, at a very pleasing price of £4.99 this product is not only cheap, but is comparable to any high end cream shadow. Easily blendable and best applied with fingers, this product is most definitely one of my winter faves. 

MAC Matte Lipstick - 'Smoked Purple' 


A sucker for any matte lipstick... in fact, a sucker for any MAC lipstick,  I couldn't leave the store without this gem. I am hands down, a matte lip kinda girl - I prefer the velvet look it has on the lips as well as the obvious practical reason that it lasts longer! 

I was on the hunt for a matte plum lippy, but what I find again and again is the lack of pigmentation in dark lipsticks, therefore (of course) I reverted to MAC. Admittedly, it is a very dark plum shade and is best worn with a lipliner, but as I said, It's Winter - the time of year in which anything goes! A critique I often hear regarding MAC's range of matte lipsticks is that they are very powdery and dry, however in my opinion this is easily avoidable. Simply prime your lips with a hydrating lip balm and you are good to go. There is no need to reapply the lipstick during the day, just carry your balm with you, and you are good to go! 


What's your favourite Wintery shade? x

No comments:

Post a Comment