Review: Barry M Lip Kit


First things first, apologies for my lack of content over the last few months. Who knew that commuting to London from Ipswich everyday gave you zero time for a social life, gym routine or blogging? Hey ho, tomorrow marks a new chapter in my career and after a dreamy break in Barcelona I am ready to get back into the swing of things. To ease me back in I thought I would strip it back and write an old school beauty review (I hope you don't mind). Anyway, here goes...


Liquid lipsticks have never been one of my make-up staples despite being such a cult product in the industry. They dry my lips out, they don't look good after being topped up throughout the day and I generally find them to be quite high maintenance. That being said I am a fan of the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks for a special occasion or something to take me from day to night because they last extremely well and aren't impossible to remove at the end of the night.

A few weeks back this Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Kit landed on my desk. Barry M is a high-street brand that I am a huge fan of - great prices, great quality products and they are often at the top of their game when it comes to offering high-end dupes. With the surge of expensive lip kits out there, Kylie Jenner to name only one of them I found myself taking a sigh of relief when I saw that this one retails for £6.99.


As you can see by the swatch above, the lip kit is called 'RUNWAY' and is a dark mauve/pink with brown undertones. This is definitely a colour that I would normally opt for in the evening if I had to prise MAC Velvet Teddy out of my hands.

What I love about this lip kit is that the formula is pretty spot on. Of course, it is a little bit drying and is a nightmare to top up throughout the day, but what liquid lipstick isn't!? It only requires one coat to offer an opaque layer on the lips and is a beautiful shade. A part of me thinks that the liner is a bit redundant as the liquid lipstick itself is such good quality that it isn't needed. However, it works great as a 'keep in the lines' technique if you want that perfect lip line.

It appears that these are a hit and are out of stock in quite a few places, so make sure you keep your eyes peeled if you want a cheaper liquid lip kit alternative.

What is your favourite affordable lip kit? x


No comments:

Post a Comment