MAC Splurge

As many of you will know I am currently studying at De Montfort University in Leicester. The advantages of living in a big city are the wide of array of  shops that often cannot be found in my hometown. One of these much desired stores is of course MAC. 



The excitement and joy of returning to one of my favourite make-up stores overthrew me and here is the damage that was caused...



Firstly - a purchase that has been long awaited.

MAC Mineralized Skin Finish in 'Soft and Gentle' 

£22



With new and improved packaging, this product became more and more appealing until I eventually caved. 

What I love about this product is the easiness of it. You can literally just brush it all over the cheek and it looks amazing! Conversely, you can also use it just as a facial highlight. So, down the bridge of the  nose, on top of the cheek bones and under the brow bone. (It also works amazingly well in the inner corner or along the lower lash line as an eye brightener) So, I can safely say after months and months of swooning after this product, it was definitely a successful and well-loved purchase. 


Mac Lipstick in 'Velvet Teddy' 

As a girl forever after the Kylie Jenner lip. I needn't look no further than Mac's matte velvet teddy lipstick. 

When you set your eyes on the abundance of Mac lipsticks and the various finishes that they have to offer, this beauty really does stand out as one of those 'must haves' lipsticks that will forever be in fashion. 

£15.50


As you can see, this lipstick is very very similar to the one Kylie wears and really does produce the same effect. 

Here's a quick swatch for ya's...


But, to achieve Kylie's exact look, I needed to invest in a versatile nude lip liner. I was after this particular one for a little while anway, influenced by watching GiGi Gorgeous' video on the perfect nude lip. 

Mac Lip Liner in 'Boldly Bare'

£12.50


If you're after the perfect nude matte lip liner, this is your guy. With a creamy, soft texture this liner glides on to the lip, allowing you to create and exceed the natural line of your lip. The best way I can describe the colour of this liner is a 'your lips but better' with a nude undertone - basically a very flattering, everyday shade.

The finished look...



So, there you have it... my self confessed Mac splurge.

Thanks for reading lovelies x

No comments:

Post a Comment