All Hail Hourglass

First things first, Merry Christmas and a happy new year! 2015 has been a great year for me. I've travelled, made even more incredible friends and really feel like I have learnt a lot. In terms of this little online space that I like to call a beauty blog, it has become something that I am extremely proud of and has also verified what path I wish to pursue after my degree. For me, 2016 is going to be about graduating, travelling the world and getting my foot in the door. One thing I am sure of is that it is not going to be easy but I am definitely ready to take life by the glitter filled horns and work hard as well as play hard.


Back to business. The one thing on my Christmas list that I was not expecting to receive was the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit. However, when I spotted a Space NK package wrapped underneath the tree I had a sneaky feeling that it might have been it and it was. I am well aware that this palette is excessive. £65 for six powders is beyond pricey but the quality is incomparable.



This palette includes six of Hourglass' stand out powders that are often referred to as some of the best on the market and I would have to agree. There are two setting powders, a highlight shade, two blushers and a bronzer, this palette truly is an all-rounder. Not only do all the powders come in one nifty palette but the packaging is gorgeous - gold, sleek and compact. Here is a run down of what is inside (top left to bottom right):

Dim Light - A neutral shade that works great as an all over face powder. Focusing it on the T zone ensures that it will blur any perfections.

Iridescent Strobe Light (new) - A pearly pink powder that adds buckets of luminosity to the face. This shade is a tad too pink for me as I usually go for yellow undertones. However, it is gorgeous as a brow highlight.

Diffused Light - The best under eye powder I have ever used. It's yellow undertone counteracts dark under eye circles as well as redness.

Mood Exposure - Who knew a blush could be so flattering? I naturally sway towards peachy toned blushers however this one could almost be mistaken for a contour and is beautiful. Blended in with bronzer and put on the apple of the cheeks, it mimics a natural flush that doesn't look like 'blusher'.

Luminous Flush - Dozed in candlelight would be an understatement. Luminous Flush is a pinky toned blush that adds a subtle glow to the cheeks without having to use highlighter.

Luminous Bronze Light - My favourite powder in the palette! This bronzer is in a league of its own. Whilst bronzing the face and adding buckets of luminosity to it, it also perfectly sculpts. I love to use the Real Techniques Blush Brush to achieve this look.

 Top tip: Hold the brush at the very end of the handle to ensure that you do not pack on product. Use circular motions which will ensure a perfectly blended bronzed look. 



This palette speaks for itself. It is luxury beauty at it's best. Quality mixed with quantity for a fair, but at the same time excessive price tag. I really love Hourglass as a brand because they do beauty right. They are high-end makeup and are not afraid to shy away from that. For a beauty indulger like me this is the perfect palette that is worth splashing your cash on. The individual powders range from £28-£38 so if you were interested in trying them out, this is a great all in one product to opt for.

What is your favourite beauty gift that you received this Christmas? 

2 comments: